Monday, June 4, 2012

TALKING DEAD:

Ah yes, waking up to a sight like this the morning after a bender.
Beer goggles and youthful indiscretions… I miss them so.
Yeah, I know, Talking Dead is the title of the live talk show on AMC that airs Sunday nights after every episode of The Walking Dead. But I needed a header, it fits the subject so I'm just 'borrowing' it for a while. Besides, nobody owns words! 

Oh… they do? Copyright laws? Trademarked intellectual property?

Shit! Well I'm using it anyway AMC, so sue me! (Please don't, I have nothing left.)

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!
So filming is underway for season three of The Walking Dead and series star Andrew Lincoln — who plays Rick Grimes — has been quoted as saying that "The third season is "harder, darker, faster, deeper." Now taking into account that the last shot of the season two finale showed that the cast of characters was about to take refuge in an abandoned prison, (see above) Lincoln's choice of words like harder, deeper and faster has me more than a little scared. Zombie attacks are one thing, but prison shower scenes are a whole other level of scary. And a prison shower scene with zombies just sounds… pretty awesome actually. I guess zombies really just make everything better. They're like the cinematic equivalent of bacon.

Although, if new character Michonne is what he means by "darker"… 
well then I'm all for it. Go on, Sister Girl!
And while I've got you here, I'd like to call your attention to a comment I made back in March on this very subject. To refresh your memory, at that time I was talking about that dumbass in the Taco Bell Doritos taco ad being a potential sign of the end times when I made the following comments.

"Sometimes one guy is all it takes. Think about it, what if you read about an actual zombie being discovered outside a small village in Bangladesh? We're talking about an honest to God, flesh eating, animated corpse captured half a world away and every legit news agency confirmed the story to be true." Yada… yada… yada… then I went on to say: "If any of that happened you'd be stocking up on bullets, beef jerky and canned goods, fortifying your house and hunkering down for the apocalypse that everyone would agree was on its way."

Now as you probably have already heard, on Tuesday of last week, May 29th, a naked man in Florida was shot by police while eating the face of another man. Making the story even crazier is the fact that it took several shots to put the face-eater down. A move that zombie aficionados know as the Double Tap. Well Florida may not be Bangladesh… is it? But just as I predicted, the Internet's gone all zombie crazy and there are even some instances of people stocking their cellars and fortifying their homes in preparation for God's vengeance.

So in closing… I f@%king told you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment