Saturday, September 24, 2011

Writers write.

That's what they tell me. They being writers, so they should know. Am I a writer? I like to think so. I've written short stories, I've written novels, I've written screenplays, so yeah, that qualifies me to say I am a writer. Am I a professional writer? Well since all of the aforementioned literary endeavors remain as yet unsold and in most cases unread then… you get the point.

Still, professional or not, writers write, just what they do, something in the blood I guess. I don't really know why, I'm not a scientist, I'm just another fool starting a blog. "Look at me world, I'm on the Internet… with absolutely no idea what I'm gonna say next." But worrying about where the next idea is coming from, that's not what writers do. I think I've been pretty clear about what writers do, that dead horse has been beaten enough — God rest its soul. This is me doing it. Writing I mean, this is me writing… not beating horse corpses. Although equine violence would probably get me more hits.

Thanks for your time and I hope you'll check back once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment