Tuesday, February 26, 2013

RUSH JUDGMENT:

Big things happened this past Sunday. No not to me, don't be silly, nothing ever happens to me. Well there was that one thing that happened to me but I don't think anyone else would consider the return of the Shamrock Shake to be a big deal. I do of course because I'm as much a sucker to the allure of sweet libations as I am to shiny objects. It's the reason I wind up in the back of at least three strange vans a month. 
Oh sweet frosty green heroin.
But to the rest of the world the two biggest things happening this past Sunday were the Daytona 500 and the Oscars. Of course this being Tuesday means I'm a day late in proclaiming that Danica Patrick lost at Daytona and the Oscars sucked. 

Well, THAT part of the Oscars was pretty cool. Yeah, that's
right Adele… kiss him all the way down to the base. 
Now onto other shit that I think is more important. Seems that the 2013 inductees for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame were announced recently and I missed the news that prog rock gods, Rush were finally given the respect they deserved after years of being snubbed by the Academy… or whoever decides that sort of stuff. Now while this is no doubt great news for the boys in the band and they of course earned the honor, I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for it. 

The band is seen here in high spirits while waiting for
an orderly to help them to the stage in Orlando, FL. 
As some of you might recall (probably not though because nobody cares) back in September of last year I did a little bit of bitching about the exclusion of Rush from the list of 2012 inductees. Seeing as they'd gone for years without getting even so much as a second look from the Hall of Fame, one can only assume that the Canadian rockers were sorely in need of a champion. Now this time around, one year after I let my opinion on the matter be known and BOOM, they finally get their chance at enshrinement.

I also bitched about the absence of former rockers/current non-rockers Kiss from the Hall of Fame in the same post. Sadly, Kiss is still without any laurels anointing their heads despite any help I tried to give them. Although I hear that Gene Simmons is kind of a douche so really there's only so much good my words can do for those guys. 

Staring at me like that only proves my point Gene, so stop it.
Seriously, you're creeping me out. QUIT IT!
Like I said though, I'm not here to take all the credit for Rush's good fortune, I'm more than willing to admit it wasn't all because of me. I mean really, they're the one's who've been playing for over thirty years so that probably had a lot to do with it. I'd say roughly 45% of the HoF's decision was based on my words and even that's probably a slightly inflated number. Still, it's obvious that I helped so I guess I should expect a call any day now from one or even all the guys in Rush to let me know that I'm invited to the induction ceremony to be held on April 18th in Los Angeles.

Strange though, the inductees were announced months ago and you'd think I'd have heard from someone by now. I'll give 'em another couple weeks. Someone's sure to… was that my phone?
Nope, just the TV. Anyway I should figure out what I'm gonna wear to the… wait, was that…?

Nah, that wasn't the phone either, just my carbon monoxide detector. Been going off a lot lately, probably busted. Should really get that fixed sometime. Maybe later… getting kinda sleepy right now. Think I'll just take a little nap while I wait for someone from Rush to call.

Any time now and… man that detector thing won't shut up and getting' all… fuzzy like a… zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

Behold the harbinger of my doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment