Friday, October 26, 2012

CHECKING IN:


"IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!"

Helps if you sing that line just like the song. Yeah… THAT song, the Christmas ditty that Staples office supply stores stole for their back-to-school ads and bastardized in order to taunt children about the fact that summer was coming to an end and their days of irresponsible fun were soon to go bye-bye. What's the title of that song anyway? Whatever, not important since of course I'm not talking about Christmas because it's only October. Not even Halloween yet so shut the hell up with that faux religious celebratory crap. Jesus was born in the summer, people! Christian leaders back in the day moved the celebration nearer to the winter solstice to lure pagans over to their side, con them into halting the practice of banging farm boys and sheep in the name of their false idols and gods and instead start banging farm boys and sheep for…

Yeah, probably best if I don't finish that thought. 

"Shutting up… good call, Ron. And yes, for the record,
I was black. DEAL WITH IT FOR DAD'S SAKE!"
Haven't been here for over a week. Not that I don't love you or anything like that, just that it's Writing Contest Season, hence the most wonderful time of the year thing. (Sang it that time, didn't you?) So I've been kinda busy lately. Don't know if Writing Contest Season is a real thing like award season or fashion week. Been no formal announcement or anything like that. Just seems to be a shitload of contests being offered up right around now so I'm calling it a season God dammit. (Sorry for the blasphemy, Black Jesus.)

Been working to get some stuff together to enter one or two of these things, try to win some coin, get some ink published somewhere. Not as easy as I thought it'd be but then again neither was running the New York Marathon. Not that I ran in the thing, course not. Hell, I'm sweating just from the effort expended to type these words and… (WHEW!) wait a minute… gimme a couple… (Deep breath) Okay, I'm good. But from what I saw from the news coverage of last year's race that shit looked damn hard. Guys passing out halfway through or straining a ligament or something that they would normally shoot horses for doing. And those that finished would get to the end and puke on the race volunteers or shit in their own shorts, all kinds of not pleasant, undignified and nasty. Okay, so maybe writing isn't crap-your-pants difficult, but still not an easy thing for me.

Although I did just shit myself a little when I finished that last sentence. Gonna go find a hose and clean myself up now and I'll see ya'll next week.

Meanwhile… 

Not my doing, got it from some other guy's site, but still… YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment