Saturday, October 8, 2011

ALL ABOUT ME!


Strangers often stop me and ask: "Excuse me, do you work here?" It never bothers me or anything, guess I just have kind of a Home Depot/CVS/Wal-Mart employee type of vibe about me. Or it could have something to do with the fact that I like to wear brightly colored vests accessorized with name tags when I go shopping. I wouldn't know, I'm not an expert in human behavior.

But aside from being pestered by old chicks about where they can find cat food, (aisle 8 BTW) there's another question I get asked a lot. (And by "a lot" I mean once last week.) And that question is: "Why don't you ever say anything about yourself on your blog?" Now what 'Little Miss Busybody Who Needs To Shut The Hell Up And Mind Her Own Damn Business' was trying to say was that even though this endeavor you see before you is but two weeks old, it has thus far been devoted to nothing but pop culture and sports. Seems that 'Little Miss Busybo…' you know what, let's just call her Steve. Seems that that know-it-all bitch Steve thinks that I should put a little bit more of myself into this thing. So you know what, Steve? Fine, you want me to get personal with the folks? Here goes.


So I walk out of the house this morning on my way to my dentist appointment and I see my neighbor's cat asleep on the hood of my car. So I gently walk over and I'm like "Mittens, hey Mittens, come on girl, you gotta wake up and…" OH MY GOD I CAN'T DO THIS TO YOU GUYS! Seriously, if I'd typed one more sentence of that I think I would have walked away and never come back.

Look, when something blog-worthy actually happens in my life, I'll gladly share and you guys will be more than welcome to read about it here. But until then, my opinions on pop culture, sports and geek shit are what we've got, gonna be our bread and butter and Steve can just go suck it. Although, I could tell you about the time my friends and I set out on a trek to see a dead body down by the railroad tracks. No, wait… that was from the film Stand By Me, more pop culture. Yeah, then I got nothing.


Before I go, by way of apology for the banality I briefly subjected you to, I'll leave you with a little TFB. Why? Guess I'm just in a giving mood.

2 comments:

  1. awww sounds like you have your first Stalker!! That's how you know you have made it! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete