Wednesday, November 9, 2011

EATING CROW

Bitter-sweet post for you today. Couple of weeks ago I mentioned a bet that took place between me and a friend of mine, let's call her Jenette… because that's her name. Quick recap, she's a Cowboy fan, I'm a Patriots fan, they played, we bet, I won pancakes. On top of talking about the bet and the fact that there would be video evidence of same, I also did a little… more than a little actually… okay, a whole lot of crowing about Tom Brady and the Patriots being the best football team on the planet.

Well, as those of you who follow football know by now, the Pats have lost the last two games in a row, most recently to the hated New York Giants. Same team that beat us in the '07 Super Bowl and wrecked our hopes of a perfect season. But that was four years ago, Patriots' Nation has had time to heal and move on and…
OH WHEN DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS? WHEN'S GONNA BE TIME FOR THE HURTING TO STOP?



Well, I said we'd had time to heal and move on, didn't say we'd actually done any of that crap. So we aren't looking so mighty anymore. Vultures are circling because these days the Pats are looking as vulnerable as a 10 year-old boy on the Penn State campus. (What… too soon?)

But I'm not here to talk about that… sorry I even brought it up. The bet was honored, the pancakes were made and devoured. And I have the video to prove it. And yes, I know that I said it was going to be a Food Network kind of deal, complete with Jenette giving all kinds of instructions and gorgeously styled money shots of the finished product. But that shit is hard! Those Food Network people are professionals. I'm lucky this thing was even in focus and no one died like King Henry I. (What… too late?)


Still, we had a good time doing it and hope you dig it. So with no further fanfare, here it is: The Bet.

No animals were injured during the production of this video. Neglected, misplaced and in one instance completely frozen and later thawed, but not injured.

2 comments:

  1. I was originally going to say "GIMME!", but I've decided instead to request pancakes with chocolate chips instead of lumps. ;o)

    ReplyDelete